Monday, June 2, 2008

Keep on Rockin' in the Petri Dish!

I just got the update from the ART nurse. Of the 8 that fertilized 7 are grade 1!!!!!! The 8th one is a grade 2, but a good looking grade 2. They vary in the amount of cells, with the one in the lead right now at grade 1, 6 cell. Right now they just have no idea which one(s) are going to "win" the race, so I am looking at a day 5 transfer! I am shocked at all this good news. I am used to the universe taking a proverbial dump on me with all things fertility related. I am not sure what to do with actual good news (*looking up*- other shoe???).

She will call me tomorrow with another update and a time for Thursdays transfer. Wow, day 5 transfer. The only reason this is bad is because I go back to work from my "vacation" on Wednesday! Therefore, I am going to go back to work for one day and then call in sick the next day. Not such a great career move. Oh well, I have to do what I have to do I suppose.

Also, I wanted to mention that the hubster is the best. shot. giver. ever. I had my first PIO injection last night and it didn't hurt a bit. In fact I barely felt it! Either he is really good or I have a magic arse.

4 comments:

Jendeis said...

Congratulations on the continuing good news!! I want a magical body part - I'd like a magically shrinking body. Then I wouldn't need to go to Weight Watchers. That would so rock.

Jen said...

Congratulations on the great fert report!
I think you just have a magical ass!

dmarie said...

Yay for the great report! And woo-hoo for the magic arse :)

Heather said...

Wishing you lots of luck! Just found your blog today. We'll be doing IVF in the next few weeks.