Thursday, May 22, 2008

Well that was anti-climactic!

Yesterday I went in for my 1st scan after 5 days of stims. I thought I was going to have made excellent progress, what with the much larger than injectable IUI type dose of Follistim. Boy, was I ever wrong. Follies were "nothing measurable" -and E2 level? A whopping 68. What the hell??? I hate this feeling like my body won't do what it's supposed to freaking do.

On the bright side, they gave me some free Follistim since the rep had just been by and gave them some to give patients who are paying for all this themselves. That saved me $400 anyway. Today I have my "pre-op" appointment with the RE at 1:15 p.m. I plan on asking her what the heck could be going on here.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm sorry. How disappointing. That's pretty awesome about the free meds though. Let's hope for some serious growth! When is your next scan?

Lisa said...

Thanks, it was pretty annoying! I go back tomorrow (Sat.) a.m. so I am just crossing my fingers and toes!