Monday, May 26, 2008

Much better!

I didn't post after my Saturday scan because, quite frankly, I was pissed. I only had 3 measurable follicles and was a bit worried about that. Especially so because when I asked the RE at Pre-op on Thursday about my low estrogen number she said "well, if you don't respond better we'll have to cancel the cycle and start again with a more agressive protocol". She went on to say, if I was only going to have, say 3 eggs, for example, it wasn't worth continuing this cycle. I am sure you can imagine that my attitude was not all that peachy when told that was the VERY number I had!

Things got a little better when the ART nurse called me Saturday afternoon to say my E2 went up to 265 so we were progressing, just slowly. So, I was to come back in this morning, holiday and all, at 7:30 a.m. I am ready for this to be over for nothing more than not having to be places at these ungodly hours! Have I mentioned that I am not a morning person at all?

Well, this morning I had 6 measurable and she indicated there may be more, they just aren't measurable yet. I had a 13, 15 and (gasp) 17 on one side and two 13s and a 15 on the other. That's double what I had just two days ago so I am feeling much better about my response. I would like to have many more than that but going from 3 to 6 in two days is not the worst thing, especially after hearing the word CANCEL on Thursday.

Now I am waiting for the ART nurse to call with my instructions for the next day or two and hopefully a much better E2 number. I had a terrible migraine on Saturday night which I was told this morning by the sonographer that is often a good sign and indicates quickly rising estrogen levels. Who'd have thunk it? I certainly did not realize there was a connection!

Oh, and I have to figure out how to explain to my work why my "vacation" is suddenly being pushed back by three days. I had planned my time off around a much more reasonable response to the damn meds. Anyone have any ideas for an excuse? :-)

No comments: