Friday, July 4, 2008

A HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF!

I am sorry for not updating sooner but we were in utter bliss last night and went out for dinner, then by the time I got home I was exhausted! The word is- there is one baby! I am actually quite relieved about this cause while twins would be cute and all, WOW. There was a beautiful heartbeat of 129. Is that beats per minute? I dunno, all I know is the RE said that was perfect.

So, my friends, I have GRADUATED. I have been punted right on out of the RE's office and on to the regular OB. That's gonna be weird! But first, before they sent me on my merry way, I received a copy of "What to Expect When You're Expecting". Uhh, that's very nice of them but I read that book cover to cover somewhere around three years ago. Even DH had a snarky comment about that one, hehe. My first OB appointment is in 2 weeks on July 17th. It seems surreal to even type that.

Oh and here is a funny- I asked the sono tech what I should tell the OB's office about dates. They were confused by a non-28 day cycle before, so imagine the loop a pack of IVF dates would send them on. She said, "it was May 17th, that was your last menstrual period. It's the date we made up for you to shut them up so they get the due date right without getting all confused." HAHAHA, loved that one!

HAPPY 4th OF JULY TO YOU ALL! :-)

3 comments:

Baby Blog Directory said...

Yes, 129 beats per minute. That sounds like a boy heart rate ;).

Jen said...

Happy graduation!!

Alison said...

Yay for one and yay for graduating!