Monday, February 18, 2008

The G.D. PG wedding

I thought this deserved it's very own post. I was in my own special kind of hell yesterday. I had to attend a wedding in which the bride was 6-7 months pregnant. I had been dreading this event and the day finally came. This was a former co-worker who apparently knew she was pg before she left but had not announced it yet. I received a wedding invitation months and months ago but just got the big news via an email she sent out a few weeks ago. I guess she didn't want people to be shocked when she turned up very pregnant at her wedding. DH doesn't understand why I let what "goes on with other people" effect me so much. I have tried to explain to him that it is a (seemingly) constant reminder of what I don't have, what I may NEVER have. And these people seem to come by it so easily and are so ignorant that IF even exists. So, we had the knocked up bride, another very pg guest who I severely dislike (even if she wasn't pg). And another guest with her 2 month old who I have been avoiding ever since I learned she was expecting. Nice, huh? And of course, especially since we have been married so long, we were asked how many kids we have. I am so glad it's over. Now I just have to endure the wait to start this IVF thing!

No comments: